Hello friends! Lots of things have happened since I last dropped in. Vacations, birthdays, school starting. I can’t believe that summer is over! It went by in an instant. I swear that time has been going by so much faster now that I’m an “adult” in the “real world.” UGH. Can it just stop please?
With school fully underway now, some of y’all may start getting a lot busier than usual and may need help keeping everything organized or may just need some motivation to keep at it. Well I’ve got you covered! A while ago I started making these cute dry erase boards out of old picture frames. I would use them to keep my to do list or to write down inspirational quotes. It works wonderfully and is a great way to give your office or home a little flare while being practical at the same time.
So I had made one for my desk at work for a to do list that would stay by my computer, but I decided that I really wanted a magnetic one for my file cabinet. I have to say that this one is my favorite! They are both very similar, but this just seems more clean to me if that makes sense. Regardless, it’s adorable and helps me stay motivated and that’s just what I need! Hopefully it can help keep you organized as well and make your life easier.
What you will need:
- 4” x 6” piece of glass (I took the glass from an old picture frame)
- 4” x 6” piece of scrapbook paper
- 24” of ribbon
- Flower decor
- Sticky magnet tape
- Mod Podge
- Hot glue gun
Now for the fun part:
- Mod Podge the scrapbook paper to the glass with the part you want to see facing the glass.
- While the scrapbook paper dries, cut the ribbon into two 7” pieces and two 5” pieces.
- Mod Podge the two 7” pieces on the length of the glass making sure that it is lined up evenly.
- Mod Podge the two 5” pieces on the height of the glass making sure that it is lined up evenly.
- Once the ribbon is dry, use the hot glue gun to attach your flower decor to the top left corner of the dry erase board.
- Place the sticky magnet tape on the back of the board.