Halloween is tomorrow! I LOVE Halloween. You get to dress up in fun costumes and eat delicious treats and candy. What could be better than that?!
At my work, Halloween is a big deal. Everyone dresses up and different departments will put on skits. It’s so much fun! Since Halloween is on Saturday, we had all of our festivities today. One of the things my department was doing this year was a pot luck. I’d recently come across a light pumpkin pie dip on Pinterest and fell in love. SO GOOD. I wanted to take it up a notch and what better way to do that than with a chocolate pie?
So I brought it to my potluck, and it was all gone by the end of the day. Delicious pumpkiney chocolatey goodness. Who could resist that? So if you are looking for a fast and easy treat to make for Halloween, this is definitely the dessert for you!
What you will need:
- 15 oz can of pumpkin puree
- 4 oz of Cool Whip
- 2 tbsp of instant vanilla pudding mix (just the powder)
- 2 tsp of pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- Chocolate graham cracker crust
- 2 oz of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tsp of vegetable shortening
Now for the fun part:
- Combine the pumpkin, Cool Whip, pudding mix, and spices until it’s thoroughly mixed.
- Pour the filling into the pie crust and smooth the top until it is even.
- Freeze the pie for an hour.
- Meanwhile, boil water in a pan and place a heat resistant bowl over the top to make a double boiler.
- Add the chocolate to the bowl and stir until completely melted.
- Add the shortening to the chocolate and mix until smooth.
- Drizzle the chocolate over the pie. Serve immediately or refreeze the pie.